Friday, September 30, 2011

Passion in your work

Watching Morning Joe and they are at Bronx Charter School for Excellence. Head of School - Charlene Reid talks about having teachers who buy into the mission. Reminded me of the book "Good to Great", having the right people on the bus. Having the people in your organization who buy into the mission and have a passion to do the work. Sometime in your life, you have to go beyond just going to a job and getting a paycheck. I get up every morning excited, because I have an opportunity to impact a girl's life. I have a passion for girl's and this 'opportunity' allows me to do this everyday. The reason I say 'opportunity' and not job, because I had a career in banking for 23 years. Now I am doing what I have a passion for everyday. Do a self check -- are you doing everyday what you have a passion for or you at a job getting a paycheck? If you answered getting a paycheck .... make a commitment today to start doing what you have to do, to get to the place where you are doing what you have a passion for everyday.

As always commanding my morning,

Mary C Hartfield

No comments: