In a 1927 article, Mrs. Roosevelt offered her opinon on parenting:
- Furnish an example in living.
- Stop preaching ethics and morals. She says, "Children cannot just be told. They must see the values you preach put into practice if they are to become real."
- Have a knowledge of life's problems and an imagination.
- Stop shielding your children and clipping their wings.
- Allow your children to develop along their own lines.
- Don't prevent self-reliance and initiative.
- Have a vision yourself and bigness of soul. The next generation will take care of itself.
Ok, do you think that is good parenting advice? I do!
As Always Commanding My Morning,
Mary C. Hartfield
(Reading: How to Be Like Women of Influence)